Friday, February 15, 2008

Episode 100: "The Assassination of Martin Luther King" (part 2)


Wake up everybody..the government murders our leaders y'all. At least they have in the past. Maybe I should change the name of this podcast to "The Oppressed People's Media Archive" to make it all-inclusive and see what happens to me. Lucky for me I don't get that many downloads.

But I've never seen the events leading up to, or after the assassination broken down like it is in this documentary. This is a good lesson in what it means to be boldly dedicated to the people. But I guess that anything worth having requires sacrifice. It's a shame that black people have had to sacrifice some of our best and brightest in an effort to lead this country to do the right thing. That's the definition of a martyr, huh? Unfortunately, instead of inspiring the masses to continue the struggle, it seems like our people were left too shaken, depressed, or just confused by the "official record of events" to know what to do next. Heaven help us all. God bless you Dr. King. In my opinion, he was the closest thing to Christ that this nation has ever produced. But the truth is that we could all do the same things, if we only had the guts. Unearned suffering is redemptive...I'm trying to understand and believe in that. Peace.

No comments: