Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Episode 94: Barbara Jordan


And now, the BMA brings to you one more piece of political oratory. Ladies and Gentlemen, the first woman and the first African-American to give the keynote address at the Democratic national convention, I present to you, from the great state of Texas...Barbara Jordan.

(Applause)

Already deep into this election year, it is good to hear political speeches from the past, and measure for yourself how much and how little have changed.

P.S. I'm still getting the hang of this blogging stuff, hang in there with me. Look, I added a photograph this time. But I see I can definitely jazz this page up a bit. I'm on it. Peace.

1 comment:

Prospector said...

Hey Brother,
Your blog is looking good. The commentary on each piece makes a great compliment to your podcast (which I subscribe to by the way).

I'm just getting into blogging myself and I bet our paths will be crossing again.

All the best and keep on keepin' on,
The Web Prospector,
S. Johnston