Thursday, December 6, 2007

Episode 82: Fannie Lou Hamer

I have been looking to put out more episodes featuring the voices of black women, so I was excited to find an audio clip of Mrs. Fannie Lou Hamer giving her testimony to the DNC back in 1964. I hadn't heard of her before and I came across her name by watching another video clip, (I can't recall exactly what it was right now, but I plan to release it in a future BMA episode) and when I saw this short, dark woman giving her speech and boldly speaking the truth like she was, I had to search around and find out what other speeches she had given that might have been recorded and preserved out there. Well, this episode is some of what I've found...for those who don't know...now you know. Mrs. Fannie Lou Hamer. Look her up. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fannie_Lou_Hamer) The sister was holding it down.
Peace.

No comments: