Sunday, March 2, 2008

Episode 104: "The Man From Harlem"


Beginning with this episode, the BMA is broadcasting from my home state of Texas. I was busy trying to relocate last week, so that's why there was no comment on the last episode. But I am back online, and bringing to you Cab Calloway and his orchestra, singing "The Man From Harlem". In past episodes, (episodes 49, 79, and even 97) I have tried to share some music that was pretty edgy for it's time. "The Man From Harlem" is another example, of some pre-gangsta rap gangsta music. "The Man From Harlem" sounds like some thug life to me, and it was recorded in 1932. He even throws in a little line about the 'dro at the end. And does anyone else out there consider Cab Calloway rapping on this song? So I guess all that is really nothing new. But I hope that y'all enjoy it all the same. Peace.

No comments: