Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Episode 113: Minister Louis Farrakhan (part 1)


Can someone please tell me how the name Louis Farrakhan became equated with the word "racist" in this country? Because it seems that while watching the news over the past few weeks, every time I hear talk about racism, his name is brought up soon afterwards. Could it be because of programs like this one, (in the same vein as episode 111)? Are his speech snippets that outrageous? I see a pattern of outspoken black people repeatedly portrayed and labeled the same way. I see it, but I really don't get it. When did black people have to choose between embracing the man, or "denouncing and rejecting" everything he speaks out on. Why are black leaders forced into these public statements? But what can I do? Well, here's a copy of Minister Farrakhan from 1990 in an appearance on the Donahue show. Y'all can watch it and form your own opinions. Peace.

No comments: